Wednesday 29 July 2015

That's Crafty Masks and Stencils Challenge


thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.com
This was a real challenge for me, I have some texture paste and only a couple of masks/stencils, but I have never used them on cards before.  I started with the Tim Holtz Rays Stencil on the top half of my Kraft card.  I used some texture paste and coloured some of the rays with a Spectrum Noir pen.
I then used a mask on the bottom half of the card which I coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks.  This didn't really work as well as I was hoping so I used the same mask moved slightly and dabbed my embossing ink pad over then covered in Wow embossing powder and set with my heat gun.  I wanted it to look like water and was quite pleased with the result.  I cut out the tops of the houses from the paper and stuck to the card.


Close up of the embossing.
It's really sparkly but doesn't really show in picture.
Products Used

Tim Holtz Rays Stencil
That Special touch ^ 6x6 Mask More Squares
Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Salty Ocean, Peacock Feather, Mowed Lawn
Paper pack Sail Away by Trimcraft
WOW white twinkle embossing glitter.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the challenge - great card! Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sylvia. Very pleased to of won. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading .....